7.8.09

After I came back I have aded a note on facebook to which I have written a continuation and I feel I need to copy the previous piece so that the contination would make sense.

---------------------------------------

I think everyone needs to write it. Memories/experiences from Israel or a come-back-shock piece.

To all those who were in England, are about to come, or were in Israel and came back to their countries. There are some things you didn't remember, right?
Or just to those who are bored and night and search through peoples profiles.

- one simple truth – the weather IS changeable – if the day starts with sun, don’t be to optimistic. Taking off and putting on your jacket is a norm.

- 1st day – I was wearing a scarf, yet this part of me readjusted the fastest – now I am in a t-shirt and people around me wear jackets. Perhaps I am just too elated when the sun comes out.

- why are you all so sorry and thankful all the time!?

- it is so green around! Trees EVERYWHERE! That’s why it is called the commonwealth right? Natural commonwealth you don’t even know what you have!

- I passed 2 suspiciously looking and violent boys standing in the middle of the street, wearing tracksuits and with short hair (with lots of brilliantine) and making some dark businesses, peeking left or right from time to time. They had bikes. They were 10.

- On Saturday I woke up to the screams of our Greek neighbours. Hasavalis babalis coolabula. Lasted till I finished my jogging.

- The Indian guy fro the local Polish store waves at me when I pass. I was there twice half a year ago.

- Sakkae showed us some apartment’s to rent – where are the British people

- The tube talks to me, the bus talks to me – except for the fact that I can not concentrate because of that… is it the most British ‘conversation’ you can get in the country of immigrants?

- Recycling make you realize how much plastic waste you produce every day. Why oh why do they put those five tomatoes on a plastic tray and wrapped it in plastic into a plastic bag?

- My mum sees and talks to her neighbour best friend every day. They still talk on the phone.

- Pubs with weird double barrelled names are on every corner, the lamb and flag, the leek and a horse (maybe a leak in the horse?) , the tomato and a horn, you name it.

-You do small talk about parking and weather – you are bored but you smile, no one can hep you, no one knows anything – you will never get to know then and you smile, banks and shops are opened till 5
- you can’t do anything and you smile, than you meet any foreigner and you bitch about the Brits.

- cheers? Again I thought the cashier was making a toast.

- I am sick of coffee with a lot of milk. Yuk.

- You can buy EVERYTHING ready in the supermarket. In powder, in liquid, ¼ ready, half ready or just ready. Well, but that would be laziness.

Ah and ugly people. not like all of us :D

No comments: