5.8.09

Re-adjusting

I haven't written for a long time. As if anyone read that. Anyway, I didn't have time inspiration, etc. And now I am back in the beloved Commonwealth which surprisingly became a source for various thoughts and impressions. They are a bit chaotic, but I will upload a couple of pieces about various things that surprise/amaze/annoy me backe here. Wish me luck in re-adjusting.

I am so thirsty here, in the humidity of the Island in its wetness and dampness I constantly drink. And not highly “percentented” drinks to kill the taste of fog in my mouth, but water. Even more than in the middle east I strive for it. Maybe water here is just less wet? Less watery? Perhaps in order to fight the outer moisture my body activated a preventive system and tries to dry itself from the inside. So far, I gather all of these liquids and cry them out in the evenings, eyes red and stinging from sprite.

The sun stopped being huffy and revealed it’s presence. I worshipped it by recharging my endorphin batteries in the patch of grass in the back of the house called garden. Sun here is like a celebrity, you never know when it will appear and for how long, if you don’t appreciate it enough it will not come back. And it doses its presence - comes rather seldom so that you will cheer for it when it finally arrives.

Directions. You are told what to do on every possible occasions. It’s big brother on a mini scale. Everything is regulated and explained how to be done properly. Take the bus (no you don’t need to I am not trying to direct you) – and you will see a whole poster explaining the ‘proper’ way of acting on this medium of transport. Don’t smoke, don’t talk loud, listen to music, eat, bring animals, disturb other passengers, talk to the driver, stand in the way, transport bikes. By talking loud to the driver you may ‘verbally abuse him’ and a ‘touch action will be taken against you’ so be careful. Soon they will tell you how to wave on the bus how to get in and out which leg goes first and which hand should you use to hold to the slider. At the same time, the ‘system’ is really sorry it make your life unbearable. I am just waiting for them to say it is for common good. The best way to drive all the Polish people away. I wonder why they haven’t figured it out yet.

No comments: