9.8.09

Green Witch!

If ever I was disappointed with this city, today it had earned enough credit for the whole week! Thanks to my marvellous internet skills we got 2 return tickets to Greenwich for the price of one and after dealing with underground works that always happen on the weekend to facilitate tourists’ life we got to Embankment from where we were about to sail. The captain who underlined 3 times that he was not a qualified tour guide turned out to be a sailing comedian and led us through the Thames with his pinching humour – joking form Prince Charles, the French and at the very end of the passengers themselves, saying that he does not expect much of an appreciation, especially as half of the people aboard did not understand a word. His explanations were ended with ‘God be with you and God save the queen’ welcomed with a round of applause which he… wanted us not to stop. A skinny retired old salesman passed among the rows with an old champagne bucket asking for ‘voluntary signs of appreciation’ for the guide, I treated it as a memory of my old Sundays in the church where they also asked for voluntary contributions. Yet they looked you straight in the eye when you did not volunteer any of your notes…

On this surprisingly sunny and warm day we set off to visit Greenwich, in my mind almost a capital of world’s astronomy – of the two hemispheres, of time, of sky, of everything. Very pretty indeed, and as a welcome I heard some Hebrew in the tourist centre, little room well equipped in leaflets that I collect…to give more to recycle, no, no for example to cut nice pictures from them. Walking without a plan we run into a local market with many hand-made products, oriental clothing and gadgets as well as food. Pants that I got in Israel for mere 5 shekels (not even one pound) were worth there as much as 10! Robbery I wanted to scream out. But, no one would pay attention anyway. I noticed an interesting shop full of little bottles with a two coloured liquid and the salesperson was a fairy! She said that by the law of attraction each person will choose a set of colours that suits them, that they need, and than they need to apply these oils (it turned out to be some sort of aromatherapy) on their body to help them achieve higher states of awareness, internal balance, true happiness or whatever. I picked one and she told me it was ‘a wisdom rescue’ for people who lack belief in their knowledge and skills, who underestimate themselves. Don’t worry I will not start believing in Tarot…

"Which one attracts YOU, missy?"

Walking with eyes wide open fro too long I got tired, yet the main point of my focus was still on the way – the Royal Observatory, all for free at this time of the year, how lucky in this horrible stingy country, sucking on its poor citizens. The observatory was just great, with all sorts of interactive games, probably for children…but not without a reason have I waited over 15 years to be bigger than them and be able to chase them away easily. So again an hour or so in total awe, plus more Israeli people, plus 0 meridian with a giant queue to take a picture on it, no way I would wait. Later we saw some other boring things just because they were for free so what to do. It would be almost like waste of money not to go.

In the village of a green witch I met a colour fairy. I should have expected something like that, shouldn’t I?

No comments: