10.8.09

Treasure hunt

Imagine living in two rooms for one and a half year. Imagine how with time the density of this space is growing and each little chunk of space is being occupied by things that everyone naturally (and hamster-like) accumulates . When it reaches the point of saturation… it all blows up. No. things crawl out of your space and start to spread around…to the bathroom to the kitchen. That way everything that one would normally just shove to the attic is close to you all the time. Hard to access, that’s true, but still the past is mixed with the present. And today I started digging through this treasure land, just out of curiosity and in the light of the coming apartment change (just to estimate how much we have to drag behind, really I sometimes wish I was a snail, or better a turtle, not a big fan of slime). Never did I expect such an amassment of various belongings, this moving saved us for truly we had been standing on the verge of collapse due to a gravity pull – we - two stars ending like two sister supernovas on a little street of Acton. Anyway, what have I not found today! Memories and chunks of past life, leftovers of myself from before one, three, five years…featuring: prom’s shoes (don’t ask about the design, just… don’t… but, did my feet grew? I thought they stop at this age…), a poncho I forgot I ever had, a box from my last university year (postcards from walls, cartooned tutors… ;), kilograms of Polish chocolate, that we apparently got as presents and a bottle of vodka clothed in a little down jacket. I don’t even mention a tone of books. You never think what you are putting away, because of course you are going to deal with it very soon, decide what to throw away and what you need, or you simply think you will soon need it and you know where it is. That is why it is always so surprising what you discover – because it’s true, not selected and thought over, simply you from the past in the box. Sometimes there are also thoughts in these boxes and drawers. Makes me think about Pandora…

No comments: